What Would You Do For A Bigger Salary Or More Benefits?
Despite rising prices, wages have edged up only slightly in recent years, and employers remain stingy with benefit dollars. To find out what people would do to take home a bigger paycheck or realize more in the way of benefits, GOBankingRates, a national banking website, gave 1,000 employees two options for each of these six questions:
- What would you rather do to double your salary?
- What would you rather do for a $100,000 bonus?
- What would you rather do to receive unlimited paid time off (PTO)?
- What would you rather do to receive a free Uber ride to and from work every day?
- What would you rather do to always have four-day workweeks?
- What would you rather do to have your employer pay your income taxes?
Most people indicated they would be willing to go to extreme lengths to improve their financial standing. For example, to have the employer pay their taxes, 67% would rather clean their work bathrooms every day than give up vacation days for a year. And, to receive a $100,000 bonus, 52% would prefer to live without their phone for a year instead of bunking with their H.R. director.
Fortunately, you aren't faced with these tough choices. By saving diligently through retirement plans and making smart investment decisions, you can improve your chances for financial success.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved.
- Tie The Knot For Retirement With A Spousal IRA
- Remember The Lesson Of Rebalancing
- What's The Truth About Probate?
- 5 Key Documents In An Estate Plan
- With Or Without The New Fiduciary Rule, We Have Your Back
- 4 Cornerstones Of Diversification
- Higher-Paying Job May End Up Costing You
- Cash In On This Gift Tax Break For Section 529 Plans
- Do Robo Advisors Have Glitches?
- Social Security Options Remain
- Starting A Retirement Plan? SIMPLE
- Millennials Want To Save More And Resist Impulse Purchases
- DOL Approves Final Fiduciary Rule
- Do You Have To File An FBAR Now?
- When One Roth IRA Is Not Enough